September 10, 2009

Full circle

A few weeks ago I read something that said that all things in life come full circle.... That has been my theme this week. I have been finding myself doing, reading, seeing and participating in things that have been a bit erie.

Yesterday, I found myself jogging around a park in the neighbourhood where I am staying - to work off the "marriage" weight. As I am jogging along listening to a great "break up mix" on my iphone (don't you miss those?), I found myself paying close attention to a soccer game as I looped around it over and over. Why the fascination with the soccer game? - that is the exact same field I spent 6+ years of my life practicing constantly for my club soccer team. The same team that traveled all over the Western US and Canada (coincidence anyone?) for our tournaments.

I have yet to go to a restaurant or grocery store so far without seeing someone from my childhood or college years at USU. And they always ask the same thing - Are you married? Kids? Etc. I am living in Sandy which is the same town I spent birth to age 15. Now that I am soon to be single again and seeing all these people, I feel like I am back on that "what do I want to do with my life" path.

Then, as I am going through all my belongings in a attempt to "downsize my life" I run across lots of childhood stuff, pictures and old journals. As I am reading an old journal, I realize that even when I was little I knew somehow that I would be married at year 24. Not 23 or 25, but age 24. And low and behold - I married Matt at age 24. How did I know that? Or was it an unconscious thing that has been in the head my whole life? And as I continue through the boxes I find a t-shirt, trophy and pictures of myself in Vancouver for a soccer tournament back in 1995. I barely even remember the fact that I had ever been to Canada (and now I can't stop blogging or talking about the Great White North)

Looking back - I moved from Sandy to Brigham City at age 15. I remember that being such a scary and hard transitional time in my life. I was in 9th grade and had already begun playing sports for Jordan High School. I was looking forward to being in "High School" the next year and making the varsity team. (Isn't it amazing what made us happy back in those days?) Life was great......... then the bomb hit. I was told that we were moving to Brigham City - Where? - Brigham City. I never thought life would be the same. I had to leave all my friends I had known since kindergarten and start all over.

And coming full circle, here I am again. Never in a million years did I think that I would be doing this again. I am 28 years old, back in Sandy, looking for work and starting my life over. I guess that proves that you never know where life is gonna take ya......

But my guess is that it will all come full circle eventually

8 comments:

  1. It seems that whenever I have a "plan", life sends me a small (or big!) reminder that I am not the one in control. I think the best we can do is keep our eyes open for what we can learn and who we can help as we all scramble along the sometimes circular/ switchback laden/ occasionally treacherous path.
    I know that your path is eventually going someplace amazing... I am glad that I get to be a little part of the journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking back on my divorce I now realize when one door closes (and it royally sucks at the time) another opens. I am glad I was in the path of your full circle. You are a strong woman.. hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved this post. I totally miss competitive soccer and high school sports. Good times. Im so excited that you are in Utah. I need to see you soon. So let's get together buddy. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post....now can you direct that circle up to Logan please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, you are amazing to me! I would love to get together and talk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true - you never know how life is going to unfold. Just these past 5 years I have experienced many things I never dreamed of - good and bad. Lisa, you are still so young, beautiful, smart, and fun. Enjoy life now instead of what you hope it to be. Come visit us in DC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. break up music can make you run really far, and really fast. good for you. running is my therapy.

    i can't imagine what it would feel like to be back in brigham. you seem really brave, i hope you feel brave right now.

    ReplyDelete