August 4, 2009

My kind of dinner

With Matt gone my dinners have been a bit different (basically less meat and carbs)
I made Schezwan Green Beans for dinner tonight and I am in LOVE with this recipe! Spicy and delicious.... ENJOY!

Schezwan Green Beans

Ingredients:
2 cups fresh green beans
sesame oil (enough to cover bottom of pan)
1/2 teaspoon tahini (optional)
1/2 teaspoon pureed ginger
1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 serrano pepper (sliced)
black pepper
sesame seeds

Directions: Over medium-high heat, cover bottom of pan with sesame oil. Pour green beans and chopped garlic into pan. Cook for a few minutes until green beans have softened. Add rest of ingredients. Stir constantly, until most of liquid from soy sauce has cooked away. Serve hot and top with sesame seeds.


9 comments:

  1. Um...you are fancy! I'm all about Top Ramen when it's just dinner for me...or cereal if I'm feeling extra fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds and looks so good. I love green beans! I will definitely have to make this sometime. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Suker! I am glad i found your blog! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds sooo yummy! But what is Tahini?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tahini is sesame seed paste, but I have never used it. It was in the original recipe so I included it in my post in case anyone else wanted to try it with tahini.

    I actually had this for the first time at a local restaurant and it was amazing, so I set out to find a recipe that was as close as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the schezwan green beans at Cactus Club!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I was inspired by my visit to Cactus Club. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yummy! I will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete