August 15, 2009

My first time sailing...

I went sailing for my first time a few weeks ago and had so much fun! I was fortunate enough to go out on a friend's boat for the Thetis Island Regata. I wasn't much help during the race (because I didn't know what I was doing) but it was really exciting. Even though the wind died down and we weren't able to finish the race, it was an amazing and I was so glad to be able to experience a real sail boat race. And it didn't hurt that the scenery was breathtaking!! Thanks Tara and Bob :)
if you look close this whole island is full of seals our boat

Ryan & Ken




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. Everybody who lives on the water should have a sailing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous. I've always wanted to be a sailor. Maybe you can teach me when you get back to Utah. Yay! I can't wait!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever seen the movie "What About Bob?" (Classic Bill Murray, I love it!) Bob has massive amounts of anxiety but in one scene, he eventually learns to sail by being tied to the mast of the boat. For the next hour after his ride, he runs around town saying, "I'm a sailor! I sail! Ahoy!"

    Now every time we go boating, everyone says it at least once. For some reason it never gets old.

    So ahoy to you, Suker. You sail! You're a sailor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures are beautiful! I have yet to have a sailing experience, and I think I need one! How enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always been kind of paranoid about sailing, but your pictures make it look very appealing....

    ReplyDelete