January 30, 2009

Canada loves Obama!

It's unreal how many Obama supporters there are all across Canada. I read a statistic that over 40% of Canadians watched the Inauguration Live and 75% have watched it online or on the news. That's amazing! I do have to say that Canadian politicians are incredibly boring and it has been very hard for me to fully support any of them. Canadians (especially the younger generations) have now seen what it is like to see a politician who stands for something they can relate to and can get people excited, not just people in their home country, but people across the world.
Can you answer this question, without cheating? - Who is the Prime Minister of Canada? I am willing to bet next to none of my American friends/family know the answer and a few years ago I wouldn't have either. If you do decide to look up the answer you will find that our newly elected PM, Stephen Harper, has very low approval ratings (what else is new). The truth is that Canadians are jealous of the new US President and know how much of an impact this will have on the future of Canada. The extensiveness of our common border, the massive size of our trade, the integrated nature of our energy connections, and our shared ecology - not to speak of the countless family ties and friendships - render the Canada/US relationship of high importance to both partners.

A few entertaining videos:

From all of us north of the board, "We love you Barack!" This video is for you

Straight from the mouth of Canadaian's - ENJOY I want one of those shirts :)

In the streets of Toronto - OBAMA Yes we can!

2 comments:

  1. Canada's greatest export: George St. Pierre! As far as athletes go, Canada seems to be beating us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Megs I love you! And even though I love BJ Penn I was very happy to see St. Pierre win. What a great sport!!

    ReplyDelete