February 10, 2009

I didn't think it snowed so much on islands


I think I must have moved to the wrong type of island.
It is snowing again!
I really can't believe it. When I moved to Vancouver island, I figured, "I'm moving to an island, it doesn't snow on islands, right?" I was wrong. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind the snow. I actually loved growing up in the Rockies, playing in the snow as a kid, skiing, snow shoeing, sledding, etc. And Canada is known for it's cold weather and snow, but I didn't expect to get so much here on the west coast. I guess I just wish it wasn't so wet and icy, so you could actually play in it. It isn't like the awesome powder in the Rockies, its just slushy and miserable. If I can't go skiing, sledding, build snowmen, or snow shoe in it, I find it much harder to deal with. Well, there is my ranting for the night, I just really hope it melts soon!!

I do have to say that having Matt home after being apart for 36 days makes the yucky snow a bit easier to deal with.

4 comments:

  1. My parents have been getting snow on the west coast of Oregon, where it doesn't snow. This year has been incredibly weird weather-wise. Boise can't decide if it's spring or the depths of winter yet. Yea, climate change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that if I moved to an island I'd expect it to be like Hawaii...:) Hey, I'm just glad we are heading to Cali in the next few days! YEAH for sunshine and NO snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey my darling girl, I am thinking of you and I love you and miss you a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very happy for you that Matt is home; and very sorry that you are enduring the gross wet snow. We are up to our ankles in sandy slush as well; where, oh where, is Spring?

    ReplyDelete